OEM product development
From one-of-a-kind to series
As OEM, Tietjen develops and delivers the perfect air brake systems for renowned manufacturers of agricultural and construction machinery around the globe. In the past 10 years alone, we have developed 2,200 variants.
- Every new development starts with intensive discussions between specialists. All requirements must be precisely defined before a concrete task can be formulated. At this stage, Tietjen contributes comprehensive empirical knowledge and is able to assist with the definition of the task.
- Smart minds and state-of-the-art technology are the cornerstones of product development. CAD-supported design enables perfect engineering and optimises the future production processes.
- The developers use the individual components that comprise an air brake system to compose highly-customised designs. Every specification by our customers differs and demands again and again new ideas and approaches to obtain the perfect solution.
- On-site creation of models for prototyping. Where would the assembly be optimally placed in the vehicle? Can standard assemblies be used or are custom-made components required? Brake calculation and measurements are used here.
- Every installed component is of top quality – assured through the careful selection of vendors and suppliers. Tietjen uses mostly WABCO brake units to meet top standards.
- If required, Tietjen attends and supports the homologation process. We can create the entire documentation, including installation guide, replacement part lists and bills of material. Our EDI interface simplifies the exchange of information.
- Tietjen not only supplies assemblies and air brake systems but can fully support you to series production.